ATLANTA, Georgia – The Clemson Tigers made history with a 15-win season to finish as the 2018 Football National Champion! Fans can celebrate by buying officially-licensed Clemson champions gear to show their Tiger pride.
Officially-licensed Clemson champions merchandise is available at shop.clemsontigers.com, as well as the following Clemson-area retailers:
Clemson University Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Tiger Town Graphics
Tiger Sports Shop
Clemson Variety and Frame
Additionally, officially-licensed merchandise can be found at participating Academy Sports and Dick’s Sporting Goods locations around the state, including Anderson, Spartanburg, Greenville, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, Rock Hill and Charleston.
It’s important for Tiger fans to watch out for counterfeiters looking to capitalize on championship excitement by selling “knock-off” merchandise. Clemson is working with IMG College Licensing, the exclusive licensing agent for both the College Football Playoff (CFP) and the University, to deter potential counterfeiters both around the state and online.
When Tiger fans purchase champions gear, they can make sure items are officially-licensed by looking for the following:
- All officially licensed merchandise should display the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Product” or the CFP’s “Extra Yard for Teachers” hologram somewhere on the product or hangtag.
- The merchandise should depict the CFP and Clemson logos and trademarks in a tasteful manner.
- The tag on the garment should be intact. A torn or missing tag is evidence of a garment of inferior quality, one that probably would not meet the stringent quality standards put in place by the College Football Playoff and Clemson.
- All merchandise should bear the name of the manufacturer somewhere on the product, either in the form of a hangtag, a neck label, or screen-printed directly on the garment.
- All merchandise should have the appropriate trademark designations (i.e. TM, â) next to a specific name or design.
Royalties from the sale of officially licensed merchandise goes back to support Clemson Athletics. Royalties generated from the sale of CFP merchandise help fund the organization’s philanthropic initiative, Extra Yard for Teachers, which is dedicated to honoring and supporting teachers nationally and in the communities that host the CFP National Championship through the direct provision of resources, professional development and training, teacher recognition and the support of a college-going culture.
About the College Football Playoff
The College Football Playoff matches the No. 1 seed vs. No. 4, and No. 2 vs. No. 3 in semifinal games that rotate annually among six bowl games – the Goodyear Cotton Bowl, PlayStation Fiesta Bowl, Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Capital One Orange Bowl, Allstate Sugar Bowl and Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual. This season’s Playoff Semifinals will take place Saturday, December 29, 2018, at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic and Capital One Orange Bowl. The College Football Playoff National Championship will be Monday, January 7, 2019, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
IMG is a global leader in sports, fashion, events and media, operating in more than 30 countries. The company manages some of the world’s greatest sports figures and fashion icons; stages hundreds of live events and branded entertainment experiences annually; and is a leading independent producer and distributor of sports and entertainment media. IMG also specializes in sports training and league development, as well as marketing, media and licensing for brands, sports organizations and collegiate institutions. IMG is part of the Endeavor (formerly WME | IMG) network.